Tuesday 14 February 2012

How did you attract/address your audience?

My products speaks in the language of my target audience because the bands featured and the music genre in general is something that my target audience is passionate about. I think I created an interesting magazine that is eye catching and captures the feeling of alternative/indie rock. The use of bright primary colours and black/white is basic but effective as they are bold and would appeal to both male and female readers because they're not gender biased. My target audience is mostly male because statistics show that this genre is brought the majority of the time by males. I attracted my audience through the use of sharp edges and interesting shapes because it shows that SETLIST doesn't conform to rules and this reflects my audience's unique and distinctive style of dress and attitudes. The black backgrounds infer the sometimes darker more heavy sound of alternative metal and the use of contrasting colours over this is reminiscent of gigs.

Below are links to Flickr where I analysed my magazine pages.
Cover

Contents

Double Page Spread

No comments:

Post a Comment